Home > Back to Search Results > High Resolution Images... 600dpi... Perhaps the best UFO alien abduction newspaper to be found...
Show image list »
High Resolution Images... 600dpi...
Perhaps the best UFO alien abduction newspaper to be found...
Item # 683317
November 14, 1975
High Resolution Images of: WHITE MOUNTAIN INDEPENDENT, Show Low, Arizona, Nov. 14, 1975
Note: Whereas this noteworthy issue has already sold, due to the unique nature of the coverage, we are making a set of *600dpi-images (printable/publishable quality) available for a minimal price. Once paid, we will e-mail you this set of images which includes: the entire front page, the report on the death of Alexander Hamilton, and the entire back page. The original issue is described below, and the images shown correspond to the original item and do not represent the high-resolution images you will be receiving. You will receive a 600dpi image of each full page of the issue.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The original description...
WHITE MOUNTAIN INDEPENDENT, Show Low, Arizona, Nov. 14, 1975 (the original sold for $2,500)
* Travis Walton U.F.O. abduction
* Best newspaper to be had?
* Holy grail of extraterrestrial reports
A truly fascinating newspaper and very rare as this is essentially the "hometown newspaper" of perhaps the most famous alien abduction case in American history known as the Travis Walton UFO Incident. This small town, weekly newspaper published just 38 miles from the abduction site involving Travis Walton, who lived in nearby Snowflake, Arizona. Websites have considerable detail on the abduction details of Walton, which are summarized in this newspaper as well. The front page includes a photo of Walton with the caption beginning: "UFO Passenger?..." as well as a sketch of: "The UFO that allegedly took Travis Walton of Snowflake into space...", corroborated by eye-witnesses, which dramatically escalates the credibility of this fascinating story in the minds of UFO researchers. The article continues inside where are found two more related photos. This story was made into a motion picture "Fire In the Sky" in 1993. I cannot imagine a better newspaper report of this famous alien abduction case. The banner headline, the detailed article, the photos and illustration, the proximity of the newspaper to the site where it happened and the town where Walton lived (Show Low is less than 20 miles from Snowflake), and timeliness: the abduction occurred Nov. 5, he was returned to earth Nov. 10; this is a weekly newspaper. Complete in 6 pages, great condition.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* Why are we making high-resolution digital images of some of our issues available? Over the years many collectors have expressed disappointment when finding out a truly unique, rare, and/or significantly historic issue they've been seeking for years were seeking has already sold, knowing they may have missed their once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to add it to their collection. Since we are "rare newspapers" purists and do not offer printed copies/reproductions in any form, some have asked if high-resolution images were available so they could at least see/read the entire text. These images have also been a help to publishers, movie studios, and those doing research.
Category: The 20th Century