Hide image list »
Cottingham Village and Church (1797)...
Item # 679578 GENTLEMAN'S MAGAZINE, London, December, 1797 A generic issue with no content with writing about. Includes both plates called for, including one showing the Cottingham Church and family monuments. A corresponding article provides considerable details regarding this ancient country village.
Complete in 88 pages, full title/contents page with an engraving of St. John's Gate, 5 by 8 inches, nice condition.
This was the first periodical to use the word "magazine" in its title, having begun in 1731 and lasting until 1907.
Category: The 1600's and 1700's