Show image list »
Item # 556672
February 06, 1863
THE NEW YORK HERALD, New York City, February 6, 1863.
* Charleston Harbor SC
* Ironclad warships
* Fort Donelson Tennessee
This Genuine newspaper has a Wealth of Civil War reporting from during Abraham Lincoln's administration.
Among the one column headlines on the Civil War are:
* IMPORTANT FROM THE SOUTH
* The Affair Off Charleston Harbor
* The Union Iron-Clad Gunboat Ironsides Off Charleston
* HIGHLY IMPORTANT NEWS
* Rebel Reports Relative to Affairs off Charleston
* THE ATTACK ON FORT DONELSON
* The Rebels Repulsed with Considerable Loss
Complete in eight pages. This issue is not fragile as newsprint from this era was made of cotton and linen rags, allowing them to remain very pliable and easy to handle. Minor fold wear, otherwise in nice condition.