Show image list »
Battle of Fort Henry...
Item # 567377
February 8, 1862
THE NEW YORK TIMES, February 8, 1862.
* Battle of Fort Henry, Tennessee
* Civil War original w/ map
This Genuine newspaper has a Wealth of Civil War reporting from during Abraham Lincoln's administration.
The front page has a map titled:
* The Scene Of Our Naval Victory In Northern Tennessee
Among the one column headlines on the Civil War are:
* ANOTHER GREAT VICTORY
* The Capture of Fort Henry on the Tennessee River
* The War Carried Into Tennessee
* The Rebel Commander and a Large Number of Officers an Men Captured
* Panic and Flight of Four Thousand Rebel Infantry
and more. (see)
Complete in eight pages. This issue is not fragile as newsprint from this era was made of cotton and linen rags, allowing them to remain very pliable and easy to handle. Minor margin wear, otherwise in nice condition.