Show image list »
Scheme for Emancipation...
Item # 556731
January 1, 1862
THE NEW YORK TIMES, from New York City, dated January 1, 1862.
* Emancipation of rebel slaves ?
* Green River Kentucky
This Genuine newspaper has a Wealth of Civil War reporting from during Abraham Lincoln's administration.
Among the one column headlines on the Civil War are:
* NEWS FROM WASHINGTON
* A Scheme for the Emancipation of the Slaves of Rebels
* How General Lane Proposes to Make Them Available
* Exciting Rumors From Kentucky
* Reports of a General Engagement Below Green River
* Important From Missouri
Complete in eight pages. This issue is not fragile as newsprint from this era was made of cotton and linen rags, allowing them to remain very pliable and easy to handle condition. Little spine wear and creasing at central fold, otherwise good.